A Fun, Flexible, Faith-filled Catholic Club for girls!
Little Flowers Girls’ Club® is a Catholic club for girls ages 5 and up that teaches virtues through scripture, saints’ biographies and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Based on the 1906 Catholic classic “The Catholic Girls’ Guide” by Fr. F.X. Lasance, and the spirituality of St. Thérése, the Little Flower of Liseux, this beautiful, authentically Catholic program, has delighted and instilled in our girls a love of our Catholic Faith for over 25 years.
Little Flowers Girls’ Club® program consists of four years of study: Wreaths I, II, III and IV. Each of the first three Wreaths of study consist of nine virtues each. The program is so adaptable that it can be used with multiple age groups or just one grade at a time. The Leader’s guides explain how. Meetings can be in the home, in a group, parish or group setting. Groups can meet weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. Groups can start with Wreath I, but girls can join at anytime.
Like a scouting program, girls earn badges for the virtues they have practiced, life skills they have learned. But unlike most scouting organizations, the girls learn and earn their badges through a distinctly Catholic lens. This Catholic to the Core program relies on the stories of the saints, Sacred Scripture and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. The program is flexible enough to use with a variety of age groups. Little Flowers Girls’ Club® has also been successfully implemented in the family. Sashes, aprons, bandanas, t-shirts and other items are extras that add to the experience, but are not necessary to running a successful Club.
The Leader’s Guide for each wreath offers suggestions for running meetings, planning crafts and activities, talks on virtues and other relevant information. The Member’s Guide includes the activities, saints’ biographies, pictures of the saints, and prayers for each girl. Each of the girls in the Club should purchase their own Member’s Guide.
Other items that leaders find useful are the Memory Verse CD, the Tea and Luncheon Manual and the Craft Companion.
Leaders should have fun with the program and use the flexibility to choose the items that are right for your group’s needs. God bless you in your work for His work!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Little Flowers Girls’ Clubs are locally run and operated. There is no national dues or mandatory registration of groups. Some groups have volunteered their information so that others may find them. Find a Club Here. If there is not group near you on the map, there still may be a group near you who has not voluntarily registered with us. Check your local Catholic parishes or Diocesan Office of Family Life, Youth Apostolate, or Scouting office to see if they have information on local groups.
- If there is a local group that meets near you in a parish, please contact that parish for more information. If the group meets in “Private Homes” please click on “Contact Leader” and we will forward your information to the leader.
- If you wish to have your group on the map, please fill out the voluntary registration form.
- Starting a group in your area is easy! Download all the documents you need or fill out the form for our FREE informational CD complete with Parish powerpoint presentation, samples of materials, order forms, brochures and more!
- We have some great Leader bundles for every budget. New leaders need a Leader’s Guide. Other books, such as the Craft Companions, prayer books and memory cards are optional but do help in running a group. We also have many extra pictures and activities in our Little Flowers Art and Activity book complete with CD that allows you to run off as many as you need for your group.
- Since each group is run independently, it is best to check with your group leader before ordering. We conveniently bundle items that members use in their clubs. From the economy member pack to the deluxe member pack, these bundled items save you time and money in getting your Little Flowers supplies. At the very least, each girl should have their own Member’s Guide. These are consumables and the heart of the program so please buy one per girl. They are not to be photocopied.
- Normal USPS Priority Mail delivery is about a week. Fed Ex express overnight, 2-day and ground delivery are also available. See options in shipping cart when checking out.
- Registration is absolutely FREE and voluntary. It is used for informational purposes only. Since Little Flowers is a run locally with no national oversight or organization, there is no national dues or registration fee. Registering your group, however, helps girls looking for a group in their area to find you, helps you connect with other Little Flowers groups near you and allows you to stand up and be counted! Click here to fill out the registration form and submit it online. After registration, you will have access to extra resources for teaching the virtues as well as opportunities and discounts only available to registered clubs.